amashuk - imgWith an extensive background in project management, software engineering and more, we welcome our newest addition Abdullah Mashuk as a new engagement manager at Baynote. Abdullah has both an entrepreneurial spirit along with quite a few years of experience working with start-up companies. Those skills, combined with a positive attitude, was just what we were hoping to find in an engagement manager.

What is your name?

 Abdullah A. Mashuk

What is your current title?

Engagement Manager

Tell us a little about your education and professional background.

I have a BBA in Computer Information System from Georgia State University and a MBA from Hult International Business School.  For part of my MBA program, I lived in London for 9 months, which was a great experience.

I have years of experience in technology development, management and consulting, including co-founding a successful software company.  Prior to joining Baynote, I provided product management and project management consulting services to early stage startups and before that I co-founded Entessa, an enterprise supply chain software company in the Oil & Gas industry.  I was at Entessa for 8+ years and held many roles, including Software Engineer, Project Manager, Program Manager, and Professional Services Director.

When you were a kid, what profession did you think you would pursue?  

I wanted to be an airline pilot.

What is your motto or personal mantra?

“We really have no control over 10% of what happened in our life, but the other 90% is determined by our reaction” – A quote by Stephen Covey

What attracted you to Baynote?

I thought Baynote would give me a good opportunity to exercise my skills and years of project management experience in the Engagement Manager role. I also thought my startup experience fit well with the company culture and will help me make positive contribution towards the success of the company.  Finally, the technology and product are very exciting and I could personally relate to them as a heavy online user.

 So far, what are your favorite things about Baynote? 

Everyone is passionate about the company and product.  Having a buddy on the first day really helps with the on-boarding. It feels that everyone is entrepreneurial, yet matured.  The ping pong and ability to participate in the company tournament during my first week was also pretty awesome.

What are your top three favorite web sites you visit all of the time?

www.google.comwww.facebook.com, www.linkedin.com

Do you play an instrument or have a favorite sport?

I do not play any instruments but my favorite sport is cricket.

If you could have lunch with a famous person (living or dead), who would it be and why? 

I will like to have lunch with Dr. Muhammad Yunus, Nobel Peace Prize recipient and founder of Grameen Bank.  I will like to know his motivation to start the Grameen Bank, the challenges he faced in early days of the company, the risks that he had to mitigate and the steps he had to take to make it a viable company.  I think there is lot to learn from him that would help me in my career and future aspiration to build a social business.